Chennai, 13 Dec 2016: At the FMSCI Annual General Meeting of 2016,held in Chennai yesterday, Akbar Ebrahim was elected as the President of FMSCI and J.Prithiviraj elected as the Vice-President.
The 43rd Annual General Meeting of the Federation of Motor Sports Club of India (FMSCI) was held here on Monday, the 12th of December 2016. Elections were conducted for member clubs to be elected to The following Clubs/Councillors were declared elected . COUNCIL for 2017-2018:
The FMSCI council for the two years of 2017 and 2018:
- Madras Motor Sports Club (MMSC) – KD Madan
- Karnataka Motor Sports Club (KMSC) – Shivu Shivappa
- Coimbatore Auto Sports Club(CASC)- J. Prithiviraj
- Calcutta Motor Sports Club (CMSC) – Sanjay Sharma
- Indian Automotive Racing Club(IARC).- Ketan Mehta
- Motor Sports Club of Chikmaglur (MSCC)- Farooq Ahmed
- Meco Motorsports Club (MMS) – Akbar Ebrahim
- Ramakrishna Race Performance (RRPM)—Arindam Ghos
Elections were also conducted for the post of President and Vice-President and the following were elected by the General Body.
Akbar Ebrahim – President
- Prithiviraj – Vice President
Akbar Ebrahim is a well-known former racer and organizer of the National Rotax Max Karting Championship for last several years. He has been in the FMSCI council for the past four years and as a Chairman of 4W Racing Commission has streamlined and brought in many racing initiatives and programs which have resulted in a quantum jump in car racing in India.
Akbar Ebrahim said: “ It is a great honour to be elected as the President of the FMSCI. I intend to dedicate my time and energy towards further development of Indian Motorsport right from the grassroot level all the way to the top, Nationally and Internationally for all disciplines of the sport.”
An action-packed 2017 calendar awaits motorsports enthusiasts with 13 National Championships in various disciplines set to kick off in January itself.
At the recently concluded FIA AGM , the following Fmsci nominees were inducted in to the following FIA Commissions.
1) Driver’s Commission – Karun Chandhok
2) Drag Racing Commission – J Balamurugan
3) Rally Commission – Ashwin Pandit
4) Circuits – Manoj P Dalal
5) Medical – Dr Uday Balakrishnan
6) Land Speed Records – Hormazd Sorabjee
7) Women in Motorsports – Navaz Sandhu
8) Volunteers and Officials – Prabha Shankar
9) CIK Karting – Rayomand Banajee
10) Truck Racing – Vicky Chandhok
11) Closed Road – Mohan Nagarajan
12) Hill Climb – Raj Kapoor
13) Off Road – Jayesh Desai
1) GP Roop Kumar – Technical
2) Anand Sashidharan – Legal.
eom/Press release from Sharon Spears, Media Assistant, FMSCI.